My app dislikes the "Allow Global Hook"

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by steverio, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Greetings!
    First, PG is a wonderful program! I just purchased it and hope to acquire more of DiamondCS products.

I think this is an issue with an add-in program in MS Outlook XP 2002 and one of its menu functions that uses the global hook function. I have PG 2.0's GP "Block Global Hooks" and the .exe's "Allow Global Hook" option ticked on. Most of the time I cannot access some functions of this add-in. Unselecting the GP "Block Global Hooks" corrects the issue but it is not worth it to me having a fully functional add-in vs. a secure system with Process Guard.

Maybe someone could shed some light on this? Does anyone use Outlook XP 2002 with an add-in called "Spam Inspector v.4"?

Thanks,
    steverio

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I don't have that program but I'll hazard a guess that you do not have it's .exe (if it has one) listed in your protection list?
    If so add it and give the protected .exe the individual Allow Global hooks option.

HTH Pilli

3. steverio

Hi...

Yes, I've already done just that before I posted...thanks. This app add-in comes with several executables for different functions (20). I have even tried all of them with... no cigar. :)

The main executable I targeted was "simain.exe". It was the only one that showed up in the "Checksums" List.

steverio

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

What if you add the EXE it plugs into (Outlook XP 2002, outlook.exe ?)

5. steverio

I tried this before and allowed Global Hooks for outlook.exe with no changes.

Thanks,

steverio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.