Mwav eScan AV Toolkit Utility Help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I tried the eScan AV Toolkit Utility v 4.4.7 scanner. I am running W98 on this computer.
    The scanner seemed to work OK, until and maybe by coincidence, I tried to DL a different skin for the Avast AV. Somehow the skin did not install. I tried the one that came from Mac, and I thought that was just the style. However, it did not work.

However, when I rebooted I had 20 or more icons on my desktop relating to the eScan utility that say such things as "worm002avc," "0004960D.key", "config.old" "avp.klb" and such.
    I tried to uninstall the program, but it is not in the control panel add/remove programs. I found the file folder and deleted it, plus everything I could find with the Start -Find help. I found a few things, but not enough to get rid of the program. Every time I reboot I find those icons or others on my desktop again. Each time I delete them, and each reboot they reappear.

ADDED: I just recalled that I also had updated the eScan and had not rebooted since I had done that. It makes more sense to think that the problem is associated with the update than the Avast skin download.

How do I entirely delete the eScan scanner?
    HELP, please.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Slightly before I posted this problem here, I had emailed the Microworld tech support for help.
    In less than an hour I had an answer from Swapnil Luis who sent a tool to remove the utility from start up.
    It worked, and now my computer is acting normal.

I commend the prompt and effective support provided by Microworld Software. I had not expected a reply for at least one day, and posted here hoping to get help in the meantime.

Thanks to all here for looking, and I am sure I would have gotten help soon, but the eScan folks were really "on the ball."
    The program was an effective scanner, but suddenly something happened that made it necessary to uninstall it.

As an aside, I had read several posts where there were problems uninstalling Kapersky. I don't know if these are related.

Thanks again to all,
    Jerry

3. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Glad to hear you got your problem solved Jerry.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Mr2cents,

Thanks, and I appreciate the help that you have given me at various time. All here at Wilders are willing and very competent. That makes a great combination.

Have a great evening. I will now that my machine is working normally.

Jerry

5. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Thanks Jerry, and you have a good evening also. Wilders is a great bunch of people.

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

JerryM,

You got email from Swapnil Luis eh?? I know that guy very closely...

Remember guys, you got a MicroWorld support personnel looking out here ready to report problems with eScan..and when you read this post you know that the poster of this post is that guy who is supposed to provide first-end support.

Yes, I am an official eScan tester and emergency support personnel...their youngest yet@almost 13...No really, I'm NOT kidding!

So guys, if you ever have a problem with eScan...feel free to report it here, and I'll report it to MicroWorld...

Have a great day:)

Best Regards,
    Firecat

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Firecat,

As my post indicated I am very impressed by the response of Microworld. It was interesting in that I got the message on Mailwasher, and I did not notice that the Mailwasher had marked it for deletion. When I "processed" I deleted the mail with the tool.
    I asked them to resend and they did. I learned that deleted mail can be recovered in MW so I had done that.

Upon reflection, I am pretty sure that when I updated the eScan tool, I unzipped it to the desktop unintentionally. That accounts for the icons coming up on my desktop at start up. I seem to be in the slow group.

I did like the scanner, and now that I know what I did, and the support available, I think I will download it again.

Thanks for the information, and hang in there. Have a great day, and we appreciate you.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.