mutex 2 error

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by kelland, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelland

kelland Registered Member

help plz i dunno what happened but one day when i rebooted my comp,pg produced an error mutex 2,i tried reinstalling but said driver sth sth,den i tried some of the methods posted but still PG doesnt work it always stays at initializing.help?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Kelland, Boot into safe mode by pressing F8 a few times just before windows starts to load, uninstall ProcessGuard.
    Go to your \windows\system32\ folder and delete pghash.dat & pguard.dat
    Delete the program files process guard folder
    Reboot and try to re-install, Make sure you logged in as an before trying to re-install.
    Please report back here woth the results

HTH Pilli

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  3. kelland

i cant find pghash.dat....

4. kelland

and my name is kellAnd...:p........not kellend just correcting you

5. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

to uninstall PG3, if PG3 is running, disable protection, on the main tab in PG.. then i would open "task manager" and make sure that no processguard processes are running.. the three processguard processes, which can be killed in the task manager, are "dcsuserprot.exe", "pgaccount.exe", and "procguard.exe" (i suppose that they would not be running, if you were working in "safe mode") then i would try to run the processguard uninstall from "add/remove"..

"pghash.dat" and "pguard.dat", if they exist, will be in the system32 folder (c/windows/system32).. delete those two files as part of uninstalling PG3.. there could also be a "procguard.sys" file in the "drivers" folder (c/windows/system32/drivers), so if you see it there, as part of manually uninstalling PG, delete that, too..

i would also go to the registry (start/run/regedit) and go to hkey_local machine/software/"diamond computer systems", and delete the subfolder named "processguard v3.0", but it is up to you whether or not you want to do that.. :)

delete the processguard files and the processguard folder leftover in c/program files/processguard..

reboot the computer, and try reinstalling PG3.. i would try to make sure that nothing is running that could interfere with the installation, like "regprot", or the registry protector in "spysweeper"..

before installing PG3, you could also try to make sure that no processguard entries are leftover in "startup", in the registry:

hkey_current user/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run/!1_processguard_startup

hkey_local machine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run/!1_pgaccount

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Corrected :D

Now have you tried the fixes described above by myself & RedWolf_98?

Pilli

7. kelland

tried all 3 methods,didnt work

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Kelland, Please read and follow the steps her: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16931

1. Where did you get your copy of ProcessGuard from and what version is it trial or licensed?

2, Did you have previous version installed, if so which one?

3. What OS are you using and is it fully up to date?

4. What other security programs do you have installed.

Please answer each question as accurately as you can so that we can further help you.

Pilli

9. jules12

jules12 Registered Member

First time I saw the instructions for uninstall/reinstall so didn't try this. Instead, after the original inst's (i.e., deletion of .dat files, etc) didn't work, I remived PG from start-up menu and autorun etc. Mutex error box no longer appears, system more stable, and obtained access to some files that previously couldn't open. ****Did you haveTDS-3 installed at the time you noticed your problem? If so, was it open? Upon reviewing slogger logs, I determined that I had recenty run memory scans in TDS and that it was open at the time of the PG mutex error. Perhaps the programs were globbed in someway on my computer or maybe just coincedence.** May never know b/c I am getting ready to reinstall Windows - either an overlay or entire scrub depending on outcome of repair operation.

Let me know what you find out . . .

Blue skies, green lights.

10. MEGAFREAK

MEGAFREAK Registered Member

quote:"I removed PG from start-up menu and autorun etc. Mutex error box no longer appears, system more stable,"

Yes, if you remove every s*** from autostart Mutex2 Error does not appear, but you always have to restart process guard, they still have not fixed the mutex2 error, although we are in 3.1 version!

Mutex 2 error always appear if you leave autostart entries of procguard and pgaccount.

System: winxppro sp2.

Still many many lacks..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.