Mustang's Bart PE plugin vs Acronis Bart PE plugin?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Eggoon, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eggoon

Eggoon Registered Member

Now that Acronis also offers a Bart PE plugin of its own I wonder what the differences are between this plugin and the Acronis TrueImage plugin by Mustang.

Is the Acronis TrueImage 10.0 Home plugin for Bart PE any good or is Mustang's plugin much better? If yes, which advantages does it offer?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Mustang's plugin allows you to Mount Images which as far as I know you can't do with the Acronis version. There maybe other differences but I'm not aware of them.
    From the TI9Home plugin help file:
    Image Mounting:

In order to get image mounting to work properly, the upper filters need to be managed under BartPE. My good friend Frodo has provided a system tray application to do this. The Acronis Tray application will be running when you boot into BartPE. Under XPE or Reatogo, when you want to mount an image, you must first right-click the Acronis Tray icon and choose Mount Image Mode from the menu. The upper filters will be managed behind the scenes. Then you can go to the True Image main GUI and mount an image. When you have un-mounted the image using the main GUI, right-click the Acronis Tray icon and choose Create/Restore Image Mode from the menu. Under a normal BartPE using the default Nu2Shell, you will not have a system tray. You must use the keyboard and hit Alt-M to switch between Create/Restore Image Mode and Mount Image Mode. If you try to mount an image when the Acronis Tray application is in Create/Restore Image Mode,you will get an error message. Just close out the error message and change to Mount Image Mode.

Known Issues:

You can’t use the Manage System Restore feature. All other operations should work.

You can build a Rescue disk. You can manage a secure zone. You can create a new secure zone. You may see an additional error message about not being able to read from the hard drive when you create a new secure zone. If you do, click on the “Ignore All” button. Boot back into normal Windows and check to see if a secure zone was created. For me it was. You can activate the Recovery Manager feature in an existing secure zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.