Mustang plug-in for Acronis True image enterprise

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by superdoodle, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdoodle

superdoodle Registered Member

Hi,

I've created a reatogo boot cd (using Windows Server 2003 R2 as source) with "Acronis True image enterprise server plugin with Universal restore builds 3625 & up". (the boot cd also contains some scsi drivers to get the disks in my Dell server going). So, I boot from the cd, go into reatogo PE, I can see all the drives (I'm trying to restore an image from a usb disk to the Dell servers c: ). I launch True image with universal restore and go through the set up screens selecting the source image and the destination drive, I choose for the partition to be active, and then at the menu for Restored partition size I just leave the default size (which is the entire size of the c: ~ 150Gb). However when I click next I get an error message,

Runtime Error
    Program: X:\Programs\TrueImageES9\Trueimage.exe
    The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

When I click the Ok button Acronis shuts down.

My current thoughts about this are,
    1) Acronis image issue: However I am able load and write the image using BartPE + Acronis True image plug-in (no universal restore, which I need to work)
    2) Acronis universal restore plug-in issue: However I can load a basic disk image (from another machine) using the reatogo boot cd and write it to the server. The problem is with this image (which is from a dynamic disk), which leads me back to point 1 above..

Anybody got any idea how to get around this?

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. mustang

mustang Developer

I recommend you try building the Reatogo disk using Windows XP SP2 as the source. It should work fine booting on a server. See if the runtime error goes away.

3. superdoodle

superdoodle Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I did try that but when I get into Reatogo's PE I can't see the servers C: in Windows explorer (and also in Acronis). This is because the percsas.sys file which runs the servers SAS controller has not been loaded so the c: isn't visible (Dell only do the SAS controller drivers for Windows 2000 and 2003 server).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  4. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

Hi,

I get the same runtime error with ATI 10 on a Reatogo CD.

At first used to get license could not be found.
    Edited the paths in the ini file which helped take care of the license issue.
    Probably have to change the default folder Acronis creates when installing ATI. Use the folder name in the ini file. Yesterday when trying to run ATI10 from Reatogo CD got a files MSVCP71 and MSVCR71 were missing. That happened after copying the TI folder from the BartPE folder. I put those filesin the I386 folder. Made a new ISO and test booted it in Reatogo and received the same runtime error.

USAAlone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.