Music services

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rilla927, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Spotify is one of the lowest "pay per play" services out there, that's probably why they bailed. There was a chart someplace, I think it was Wired.com, that broke it down service by service. I can't find it at the moment. I completely understand the artist, they have to eat and pay bills too. The labels know what we want, they just aren't willing to play ball. I don't think there really is a "We don't care about the artist, we just want free music" attitude going on, no matter what the labels marketing departments and the RIAA say.

I think piracy is still in full bloom because the labels are choking the life out of any alternative to buying CDs that comes along. They fought tooth and nail over DRM until iTunes got so big that when Apple said "No DRM", they couldn't help but stand down. But even Apple had to raise prices on a lot of music to shut the labels up. No one wants the artists to starve or not get paid, no one with a brain at least. Artists not getting paid at all=no music made.

However, charging 15 bucks for a CD+only letting certain artists be played on services (among the other restrictions)=customers saying "No thanks". Somewhere, someone has to give, and customers are usually the last ones to throw in the towel. Don't give them what they want (reasonable wants), and piracy continues to thrive.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Well said. And once again I fully agree :thumb:

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Good discussion guys, alot of stuff I never new.

I guess she will go with Napster and see how she likes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.