Multiple VPNs setup from a single station

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Martian135, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Martian135

Martian135 Registered Member

Hi, guys.

I need to access geo-restricted applications. There are two apps - first one can be accessed only from England and the other one only from Ireland. Please advise if implementing the following setup is feasible ?

Im thinking of using a separate VPS in each country and connecting via separate VPNs to them. Would a higher end home router with a VPN capability (for example Asus RT-68U) support this ? Is it possible to connect to one VPN via normal windows account and other VPN via Virtual Box (the second app would be installed in the Virtual Box). Or maybe there are better solutions ? Thanks a lot!

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Just use multiple VMs, and run each VPN service in its own VM. You can also use pfSense VMs as VPN gateways. And route one VPN through another, to make nested chains. At least five or so deep. And you can even add Tor and/or Jondo gateway VMs to the chains :) See my iVPN guides for details.

3. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

You can certainly do it with a router. The Asus RT68U can be flashed with Shibby tomato firmware. I'm playing around with that right now on a much less powerful router. The version I have now has the TomatoUSB configuration of two OpenVPN tunnels plus PPTP tunnels and built in TOR. There are pretty extensive subnetting capabilities including one called "Virtual Wireless Networks" that I'm trying to figure out at the moment. The only problem I've had with the Shibby Tomato firmware is that a lot of the documentation is in Polish but most of the features are pretty self evident and easy to set up.

For just Geo unblocking, there is also smart DNS. I got a subscription to a combination smart DNS/VPN service mainly for the VPN but the smart DNS certainly lets me view BBC TV from the other side of the pond without installing or changing anything but the DNS server I'm using. I set that up in a slaved router so I have a smart DNS wifi channel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.