MULTIPLE Primary, Active Partitions Sigh ... WTF

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by WTF, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WTF

WTF Registered Member

Here I go again, when will I learn to just leave well enough alone.

I have 3 physical drives, and after reading about primary and logical drives, decided to convert all my partitions from logical to primary because it seemed to make sense.

So I have 3 partitions on 120GB, and 40GB converted to Primary.

Everything worked and seems ok

I used Disk Director to do this, and I just noticed that EACH of the drives shows an ACTIVE partition. Now DD says this isn't possible and as soon as one is selected, all others are unselected.

I'm so pleased that I've managed to successfully make my system more unstable so easily ... clap clap clap ...

WTF

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/UncleNF/DD.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  2. LetzRoll

LetzRoll Registered Member

:cool: Your config is fine. Each physical hard drive has an active partition. The boot manager (OS Selector) is the means by which you determine which of your various active partitions you boot to. Or, you can set a partition active and force it to be your next boot partition. Bottom line is even though the documentation is not precisely accurate, your situation is normal.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WTF,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

What do you want to do now that Acronis Disk Director calls "impossible"? Could you explain what instability you ment in your post?

As LetzRoll told, your configuration is all right and have nothing to worry about.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.