Multiple licenses, reselling, etc.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by i960, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i960

i960 Registered Member

I'm going to be purchasing a lot of licenses soon and have several questions about it. I'll need at least 5, possibly even 10 or more to start, and then many more in the future. One will be for myself and the rest will be for family/friends.

1. If I purchase all of the licenses at the same time, will I recieve a separate username/password for each license?

2. I noticed on http://www.nod32.name they sell multiple license packs and also family packs. Five 2 year licenses are $228. Five 2 year family pack licenses are $171. What is the difference between them?

3. I also build about 2-3 computers a month for extra income. I would like to purchase licenses in advance for these computers so I can get them at a discounted rate and pass the savings on. Does the license period start the day of purchase or the day it's first installed? Since I will be reselling these licenses with the computers I build, do I need to become a reseller? Is there a cost involved in become a reseller?

4. I would like to be able to keep track of every copy I have installed. I want to know what version of NOD32 is installed, which version the virus signatures are, and any alerts be sent to me instead of being displayed on the users screen. I know I can have alerts emailed, but I'd really like to be able to monitor all installations from my computer and update them. Can the administrator version do this? Will it work across the internet and through routers/firewalls without opening ports?

That's all I got for now. I'm sure I'll have many more questions, and I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

Jeff

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

It depends if you purchase 1 licence for all users or separates licences for each users.

I guess familly pack don't have Remote Administrator tools, but I can't affirm this. I don't know exactly what is in familly pack and multiple licence pack they offer.

If you bocome a reseller, you could have access to serial numbers capability, and you can activate them when you need ... But this depends of the politic of the local distributor (list avaible here ). You can buy serial numbers to existing resellers too ... (Depends too to to local politic)

Administrator version of Nod32 is not enough for this.
    You can track the Nod32 you install, but for this you need to have Remote Administrator tools, with licence at least equal of the numbers of Nod32 you want to administrate. And you must have access to the target computers (be able to 'see' them). It works through routers / firewalls, but you need to open a port.

Regards

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi i960,
    Of course these things do not all mean that it can not be done, but if it is to be done at all especially with PC's you do not own or have personal resposibility for, it must be done with explicit (preferably written) permission from the users / owners.
    Why not contact your local reseller directly and see if they will be willing to work with you on this :)

And welcome to Wilders :)

4. i960

i960 Registered Member

If I have a choice I would definetly get separate licenses for each user... provided I still get the volume license price.
    I'm not seeing a list of distributors on that page. The nearest reseller to me is CIO Solutions (less than 150 miles from me) according to the Partners page.
    This isn't absolutely necessary, it would just be nice. I can gain full access to all of these computers and open up ports as needed, I just prefer not to. All of them are on a cable internet connection, so their IP address doesn't change very often, but it does happen. That might make things a little more difficult.

5. i960

i960 Registered Member

The ones I'm concerned the most with are family members computers, and permission has been granted to do whatever I need to on them at any time. Written permission would definetly be obtained for client computers outside my family.

I will give them a call and see what they say. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.