Multiple configs and profiles - Enterprise

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by legend33, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legend33

legend33 Registered Member

Just bought NOD32 Enterprise and love it but am a bit confused on proper setup. My goal is to be able to have certain servers have different configs - different exclusions, security, scanning levels, etc. I know I can create different packages for them, but how do I manage that later? I'm very confused on what Profiles do other than for On Demand scanning. With Symantec Corporate you could setup Groups, put servers in there, and have specific settings for those groups - separate from the other clients. That's what I need to accomplish here. I want my Exchange server to have different settings than IIS or SQL, and certain clients to have certain exclusions. How do I best accomplish this and be able to maintain it later? Ideally I'd like to change configs down the road with a minimum of fuss. Thanks!

2. jftuga

jftuga Registered Member

I would like to know the answer to this question, too. We are also migrating from SAV to NOD32. Also, is there a way to exclude certain folders and files during a scheduled scan? I want to exclude SQL database files, Exchange databases, etc.

Thanks,
    -John

3. legend33

So far NOD32 rocks but I have to admit their email support is a bit lacking along with their manuals. Some things are just not explained in great detail and it's a bit frustrating. I guess I'd rather have a program that performs better than the competition if I had to choose between that and good manuals. I just would think that it would be to their benefit to provide these details upfront to make things easier for everyone. I plan on placing a call to ESET today about this issue and will post if I can get any further info.

4. legend33

OK just talked to support and they were VERY helpful. Basically you just make different packages - naming them very well - and push them out. Then put the servers/workstations into groups - where you know the configs are the same. That's the way to organize them. Then any changes you need to make you just change the config and make a new task to just those systems. That seems to be the best way from what I gleamed from their support. They seem to know their stuff so it's possible their email support just isn't staffed as well.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Using the config tool...I create several different XML files (configurations)...for various rigs on my clients networks. Usually a few for servers, a standard one for standard workstations, another one just for laptops, etc. You can save/name each config file appropriately. And down the road..easily update/change it and push it to the computer.

6. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

YeOldeStonecat,
    Perchance, might you be moved to maybe setup some sort of "config.xml" school (offline if necessary!) for some of us that are just completely lost in the simplicity/complexity of these darned config files? I believe that once I figure these critical files out, I might even get my RAC to do it's duties for my clients. I'll beg if required..... :D

BTW, I do like your sig. Mine would be lowly BUD ICE! Weak, I know, but I can no longer get the good stuff; Tooth's Sheaf Stout! Bummer.
    Best,
    Duncan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.