Multiple Antispware software running in real time?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by timnicebutdim, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timnicebutdim

timnicebutdim Registered Member

Ive heard that running two antivirus products at the same time can cause serious problems - but a lot of people use one antivirus product to run in real time while using another as an on demand scanner.

What i am curious about is antispyware programs. For example i use microsoft antispyware which runs in real time, will using other spyware that also runs in real time like Spyblaster and IE-SpyAd cause problems?

What if microsoft antispyware trys to block the same code as one of the other programs?

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

spywareblaster and spyad don't run constantly in the background so you shouldn't have any probs with it.

swb sets killbits in your registry so blocking the spyware and agnis sets websites into your restricted zone in IE (registry), they don't run in realtime.

to answer the other question: I have giant (m$), spyblocker and spybot in realtime and they all have a different purpose and the equalities in realtime are practically nothing if you ask me...so it doesn't hurt if your system is up to all that real time monitoring.

Inf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.