Multi hard drive (SSD and Disk) with truecrypt hidden drive

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by tangybrave, Sep 5, 2014.

1. tangybrave

tangybrave Registered Member

Hi everyone,

First of all, to frame things I would like to say that I consider myself computer competent, (significantly above the average person, I know what a BIOS is etc. and am comfortable messing around with most everything in Windows, I just don't know how to do it off the top of my head) but by no means an expert. On top of that I am rusty. I am building a new system and its been years since I caught up on the newest goings on in PC world.

I want to run the hidden os feature on truecrypt. I understand, mostly, how it works based on what I have found by digging around. But I am at a loss and cannot find the details I need on google.

I will be running a mix of SSD for OS and applications and traditional drives for bulk storage. I want everything encrypted. I have considered that I may be sacrificing some performance and I am ok with that. My system will be overkill for most document processing purposes, I don't do video encoding. I do want to be able to play games and I cannot find if encryption will dramatically impact that performance. My guess is some but very little as games do not use a ton of read/write back and forth from hard drives once they are running (in game excluding loading obviously), but again that is an inference I am making and I would love being straightened out if I am wrong.

But I digress. How should I accomplish complete encryption across multiple physical drives (say for the sake of argument 1x128GB SSD and 3X1TB drives in raid 10). Thanks you for your help!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.