Multi-boot hidden OS's using truecrypt or other solution?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Ownage, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ownage

Ownage Registered Member

Hey,

I am trying to create a setup similar to the following:

Decoy OS: Windows 7

Hidden OS1: Windows 7
    Hidden OS2: Linux

I would like a plausable deniability setup such that when I enter the decoy password I am sent to the first OS, if I enter the second I am taken to the second OS which is essentially the GRUB bootloader that will allow me to select either the hidden win7 or the hidden linux.

The solution would be to leave win7 on the primary partition, and allocate two hidden volumes in my left over extended partition however it does not seem that truecrypt currently supports this.

Obviously I can do Win7\Win7 or Win7\Linux no problem, but I can not do Win7\Linux+Win7

How can I achive this?

2. Ownage

Ownage Registered Member

Perhaps there is a way to boot into a virtual drive? I can store two containers in a standard true-crypt hidden volume then have grub boot into them after they are mounted?

3. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

You can do Win7\Linux with TrueCrypt ?

For more than one hidden Windows you might be able to use DiskCryptor and put the bootloader on a USB stick then delete those partition entries from partition table, but that's complicated.

4. Ownage

Ownage Registered Member

Yes you can using the hidden OS feature. You can start w\ linux, clone it in the hidden using truecrypt's wizzard, then delete and install windows or vice-a-versa.

I think I found a solution. I am currently starting with windows and am cloning that to the hidden partition. I will then use WUBI to install linux in the windows partition (hidden). I will let you know how it goes.

5. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Are you sure, or you assumed it's possible ?

I don't see System Partition Encryption option.

TrueCrypt.png

6. redcell

redcell Registered Member

■ Since Truecrypt is extremely popular, every law enforcement knows how to identify a Truecrypt-encrypted drive; 2 or 3 visible partitions typically.
    ■ Be creative. There are tons of software out there. Do your own testings.
    ■ Use a 2.5" SATA notebook hard disk at least; Easy to smash it with standard hammer due to its thin design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.