MSRSTRT.EXE Tool.WinCap.Reboot

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by BornMember, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Hi all

I have run escan today and this is what it detected

File C:\WINDOWS\_MSRSTRT.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.WinCap.Reboot. No Action Taken.
    File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{90C9B84D-6776-40CD-A73E-6B61368A0630}\RP89\A0021899.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.WinCap.Reboot. No Action Taken.
    File C:\WINDOWS\_MSRSTRT.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.WinCap.Reboot. No Action Taken.

I have turned off system restore and ran Nod32, F-Prot AV's (they do not detect this), ewido and the usual antispyware apps.

Cannot seem to get any information about this on the Trend, Kaspersky or Nod websites.

Can anyone advise what to do? Should I delete this MSRSTRT.EXE manually?

Born

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

It's listed as "Not-a-virus" and more of a riskware-catagory thing, it upto you if you want to use it still, you are just being warned that programs/tools in this catagory is riskware. . Use Viruslist (Kaspersky), look under "behavior and use the "Not-a-virus" link. :)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Cheers guys

It was created on 05/23/05 so I think it's related to Windowblinds installation. I am going to remove it.

ThanX again

Born

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.