"MSNMGNR.exe" not detected by NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by artsky, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artsky

artsky Registered Member

We are using updated NOD32 installations and we have several cases of computers that have their system date changed to the year 2020.

I have tried to zip the sample file for eset analysis but most email systems are blocking the attachment even when encrypted with a password (I hope eset will have FTP for this). In lieu of this, I have used Submit file for analysis option and it worked.

Going back to the said malware, anyone here also affected by it?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Encrypted RAR archive won't be blocked because it can't be read . ZIPs , however , can be blocked because the extensions inside can be read inside . Use password-protected RAR.

You'd better upload the sample somewhere (e.g. rapidshare.de or 4storing.com) and send ESET Labs a link to the uploaded URL.

3. artsky

artsky Registered Member

thanks for the tip, I've never thought of that. I've successfully submitted the malware sample using the method you've described above.

4. artsky

artsky Registered Member

Interestingly, since the affected computer will have the year set at 2020, once it encounters another autorun.inf virus, the console will say that the "date occured" is in the future.

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Alot of AV's tho along with some paid firewalls if you change the date it disables changing to Demo mode or to Inactive. allowing other things to install passed the AV.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.