MSN alerts?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by sir_carew, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    I noted that when I sign in using MSN Messenger 6.2, LNS block many outcoming connections.
    All the alerts are equal.

The Alert: UDP : Any other UDP packet, PC >> Internet. Source address: (my IP), Destination address: echo-v1.msgr.hotmail.com=64.4.12.200, Protocol: UDP.
    Source port: 1043, Destination port: 7001
    Data: 0000:02 01 41 31 41 31 41 31 ..A1A1A1
    0008:00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0010:00 00 00 00 ....

If I don't open MSN, this alert doesn't occur. I can use MSN without problems. I've the improvement service (sorry for the translation, I've Windows and MSN in spanish) disabled.

Any idea?

Thanks very much.

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

The behavior occurs because Messenger uses a server at this IP address to detect if your computer is behind a Network Address Translation (NAT) or firewall device. This test helps to determine if the NAT or firewall device supports connections that permit video conferencing, voice (computer-to-computer calling), or phone calling (computer-to-phone calling). Because of the test, several different kinds of programs can work through the existing infrastructure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.