MSE HIPS features?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Gullible Jones, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry for being thick, but does MSE have HIPS features? If yes, how can I enable them?

2. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

No MSE doesn't have hips features.

3. Drat, I guess they dropped that idea completely since the Vista version of Windows Defender. Too bad. :(

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Nope no hips no bb no nothing. Simple, fast and free.

5. a256886572008

a256886572008 Registered Member

6. m0unds

m0unds Guest

mse does have a behavioral detection component. it's just not user-configurable.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Which does exactly nothing... Like avast!, i haven't seen it detect even a single piece of malware using behavioral analysis. Ever.

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Agree completely. :thumb:

9. gery

gery Registered Member

i had the same doubt about it when having it on my machine . In a whole year or more i had several malware attacks to my laptop but none was reported by BSHield . All from the others . I did not renew my AIS license in April mainly because of this and other problems i had with Avast

10. m0unds

m0unds Guest

w/mse, behavioral detection occurs transparently. when it comes across suspicious behavior, it queries MAPS and if a match is found, it receives instructions MS. if no match is found, it sends data about the activity to MS for analysis and can usually get a conviction from MAPS pretty quickly.

avast! takes a similar approach by default, but you can actually see whether it's done anything whereas MSE doesn't actually tell you emphatically that its behavioral engine did anything.

11. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

If you've had "several malware 'attacks'" I'd be asking more questions than just what AV you're using...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.