mscomctl.ocx

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Amateur, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amateur

Amateur Registered Member

After successfully using SpywareBlaster for a very long time, a launch to update the program resulted in a plain white splash screen. An error message indicated that a file was not registered or that it or one of it’s dependencies was missing. The file in question is apparently C:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx. I downloaded the appropriate missing file routine and tried to install the files in question. An error message indicated that a file (presumably mscomctl.ocx) could not be renamed: MoveFile Failure; Code 183. I uninstalled SpywareBlaster and tried to reinstall. No luck. I restarted my computer in safe mode and tried to delete the file in question; no luck: redundancy check problem; likewise with trying to rename the file. Also, I could not install SpywareBlaster in safe mode. Well, I remain baffled. If you are interested in offering some opinions or a solution, I would be most appreciative. o_O

Thank You

2. Amateur

Please see the an earlier message I posted re: the above. Is there no one in this forum who can help me!!!

3. The error says mscomctl.ocx not registered.
    With a bit of luck this is true and you just need to register it.
    The following MS KB talks about that :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;146219

So you would just need to execute in a DOS prompt :

Regsvr32 /s MSCOMCTL.OCX

(you can omit the /s , it is for silent mode)

Regards,

Bernard Eertink

4. Amateur

Thank you for your help. But alas, no luck. This is really spooky. o_O

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.