MSAS Realtime Worth Running?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by quess, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quess

quess Guest

Is this really worth running? It doesn't really do anything, and it takes alot of memory.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

My step son surfs to questionable sites a lot and MSAS is always catching malware. It does seem to work.

3. notageek

notageek Registered Member

WOW It been a while since I last posted here at this forum.

I stopped using MSAS and started using Scotting the watchdog (winpatrol). It's not the same a MSAS but it works for me. Plus MSAS has 2 processes running and I'm trying to slim down my process. But if you practice safe surfing you shouldn't need it.

4. I have heard that Anti-Spyware apps are generally not effective at realtime monitoring(not like an AV with viruses for e.g.) their real strength lies in cleaning what is already there. A better use of resources is to use a good registry monitor like MJRegwatcher.

5. Ithinkso

Ithinkso Guest

I think MSAS is worth running. It has a lot of protection, and just because you don't need it now, that doesn't mean you won't be needing it in the future. But I suppose if you use a browser like Firefox or Opera, you will get a lot less warnings from MSAS. But I still think it's worth using if you do run an alternate browser, but its realtime protection is more important for those running IE, I suppose. Just take a look at all the realtime protection in MSAS. Some of those things aren't available in any other freeware that I know of. I will continue to run MSAS because your better safe than sorry in my opinion.

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i run it cause of my bro and how he loves his pr0n. damn him.

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I also think it´s worth running, I haven´t seen this much protection in any other app, but I would like to have a more lightweight app like "All seeing eye" to do all this stuff. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.