ms word virus scanning problem cant disable

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lordamus, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordamus

lordamus Registered Member

Hi
    Im using nod32 2.5 and ms office 2003 package my word docs open very slowly for virus scan engine of nod32 I disable dmon and exclude .doc files also I added that word files by folder to not scan by nod32 but no luck..Now nod32 totally closed but word virus scan still running how to disable this delete .dll or what ı dont want to re install office after nod32 thanx for help...

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Re: ms word virus scanning prblem cant disable

Hi lordamus,
    Closing the Control Center will not prevent scanning because the NOD32 Kernel Service is still running.
    What you are describing is very unusal behaviour for NOD32.
    What are the specs of your PC - CPU, RAM and what Windows?

If you can, what happens if you temporarily disable AMON (grey icon for AMON) just to test?

Have you done a full scan of your PC with the NOD32 On Demand Scanner with all detections enabled?

3. lordamus

lordamus Registered Member

i disabled dmon and i added .doc file exclude to not scan word files...but it still scan word docs when i opening..now nod32 is closed but ms word still check virus and very slow ı want to disable this. my config xp sp2 nod32 2.5..ı disabled macro scanning to low but no luck

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

strange.... my word documents open very fast with all NOD32 modules enabled.
    lordamus, what CPU, RAM do you have ?

5. NOD32 user

OK - you have DMON disabled.
    What is it that makes you think it is still scanning docs when you open them?

Did you try to temporarily disable AMON just for testing please?

When you have the Control Center closed (quit) NOD32 still operates just the same except you do not have your user interface, that is all - Closing the Control Center does not turn off NOD32. With the Control Center closed NOD32 will still operate exactly as configured but you get no notifications.

Really I think it will be best if you download a fresh copy of NOD32 then uninstall NOD32, delete the ESET folder (C:\Program Files\ESET ?) and then install your freshly downloaded copy. After this perhaps it will be worth your time to read through this thread also -->HERE<--

Please post back and let us know how you go :)

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

My Office documents always open very fast with everything enabled . I bet your problem doesn't come from NOD32 (remember NOD is really different from KAV or Symantec) .

I am telling you that because last Sunday I had the same issue with a document , it couldn't load , it loaded really slow and exactly what you describe . It turned out to be Office and files corrupted , not NOD32 problem :)

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, Symantec Corporate is totally deifferent from Norton AV. :D
    It even uses less memory than NOD32, has very good heuristics and approx. 500000 defs. ;)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But is still Symantec and it uses the same definitions which Norton AV uses . Recently they were being exploited by a vulnerability in them
    o_O
    NOD32 is NOD32 , still excellent for all situations :D

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Enough of the goading each other please, take it to a PM.

Blackspear.

10. fight

fight Registered Member

Hi! Everyone.
    I have the exact same problem, i tried McAffe and it won´t slow down the opening of .doc. I have the latest NOD32 installed. I hope anyone have a solution to this problem, :rolleyes:

11. NOD32 user

We can only guess that lordamus got the issue fixed.
    Really there are just a couple of things to check - firstly, is your McAffe uninstalled fully and properly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.