MS Visual C and C++ question!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So since November or December, when Comodo was launching its new firewall, I have not been able to install ThreatFire. I had it successfully installed, then removed it to try Comodo Defense+. After that, even after complete uninstalls of Comodo, I'd get Error Code 14001 regarding the unsuccessful installation of the Tray and Gui files every time I'd try to install TF. A number of others had the same problem. Doing general searches, I ascertained that (in layman terms) the V C I had installed and the V C that is used in software development were some how running in parallel and not compatible (I think that is what I read!). Anyway, I have no idea why I had Visual C and Visual C++ and my question is do I need them? Thank You!

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

If a piece of software was compiled with Visual C++ and uses the C/C++ runtime library, then you will need the relevant Visual C++ runtime libraries installed (either by installing Visual C++ or the redistributable). For example, if an app was compiled with Visual C++ 2005, and you don't have Visual C++ 2005 installed on your computer, then you will need to install the VC++ 2005 redistributable before you can run the software

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.