ms media player Guid

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Rita, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hello everyone
    recently i done a scan on bazooka adware and it showed up ms media player guid.Well i completly deleted the player and also installed id blaster software and done the scan again and believe it or not it still detected it.as far as i know bazooka isnt rogue software--what could be the reason this still isnt deleted even with the player itself deleted?need i worry about this--thanks--rita :rolleyes:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

See this

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Ron's too fast for me! :D

I was just about to post that link. ;) :D

snowbound

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi ron
    thanks i tried but cant even find it in the registry to delete.i even have a program called Reg Seeker and i did a search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\player\settings\clientID and there was no file by that name.my windows updates are all currentso i dont know what else to try.do you have any other suggestions?i appreciate your help--thanks--rita :oops:

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you look at all the info there? Bazooka

Advice 6 - The Bazooka log
    If you are sure you have removed all items that are mentioned in the uninstall instructions, but that darn Bazooka scanner still report the threat, you can look in the Bazooka log to find out why Bazooka still nags about it. The log is actually not meant for the end-user and it is hard to interpret, but I think that it after all might offer some help.

To look in the log, click the "Generate Log" button in the Bazooka dialog, save it on disk, open the log in a text editor, scroll down to "Result when scanning". The information there might offer some help

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hey Ron
    yes i looked at all the info you suggested.I had a log generated and saved it in my documents but i dont understand any of it

im computer illerate lol --anyway it says right under results:ms media player guid--404.888.000 and it has alot of stuff i cant even guess what is(numbers and things)if you have any more suggestions i will surely try them--thanks so much--rita :'(

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Do you have AD-Aware? You could try the free version and see if it detects the guid.

Ad-Aware

8. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hey ron
    yes i do have ad aware and i have run it and it detects nothing neither does spybot search and destroy,nor does aol spyware detector or swat it or spyware buster.bazooka is only program that does.could it be an error u think?

thanks
    rita :doubt:

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hard to say if it is an error. Bazooka may scan differently than others.

If you can't find it in the registry, I would say it is gone. If you aren't using Windows Media Player, I don't see how it could identify you.

Maybe someone will come along with more info Rita.

By the way, I found 877 guids on my system. I'm not going to worry though!:)

Microsoft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.