MS Antispyware & MS toolbar

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by iceni60, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i installed a MS toolbar from here to use it you need to allow hta extensions, which i did, then disabled again. so the toolbar is disabled. it's not a normal toolbar all it does is change the colour of Internet Explorer's backing at the top, where all the buttons are, not add a toolbar, i'll post a picture in the next post.

i just ran MS Antispyware and it found it, along with a F/P. is it safe to keep? and is it a F/P? thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

this is what is does. awful, isnt it? but, i like it :)

Attached Files:

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I would assume it's a false Positive

but best thing to do is open MAS click on tools and suspected spyware report and send a report

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, dvk01. i'll have to do it next time i do a scan, because i had to close it down, as it's teatimer thing was activated while it was open, and it was using all my CPU. so just opening FF took about 3 minutes. i'll send the report next time. thanks for the help :)

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

this is a F/P. there is more about it here
    down the page abit to "8. IE5 Toolbar Wallpaper from MS IE5 Web Accessories is falsely identified as GonnaSearch"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.