MRU-Blaster, SpywareGuard & Browser Hijack

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Matt Man!, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Man!

Matt Man! Guest

1) Is your MRU-Blaster better than the cache cleaner in ZoneAlarm?
    2) It looks like your SpywareGuard & Browser Hijack have some of the same features, is that correct?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Matt,

We'll answer all the questions over in this thread... I locked the duplicate thread in the MRU Blaster Forum section (I'll remove it later) so as to not confuse things.

1. I use ZAP 4.0 myself and the cache cleaner in it is mostly different than MRU Blaster. The main purpose of MRU Blaster is to remove the actual MRU (Most Recently Used) lists from the registry where many applications store them. ZAP does not remove MRUs, well except for a few very basic ones like the run history, search history and a couple others. (MRU Blaster deletes a massive number of MRU lists beyond the few ZAP does.)

Yes, MRU Blaster deletes index.dat files, clearing cache and such like ZAP's cache cleaner does, but that's where the two stop being similar. MRU Blaster goes much further than ZAP does in that it cleans out so many more file lists from the registry.

2. SpywareGuard's built-in browser hijack protection does supercede the separate Browser Hijack Blaster product. It actual is more advanced than BHB, so Javacool often recommends that people use SpywareGuard instead of Browser HijackBlaster now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.