MRU Blaster doesn't clean TIF in IE 7

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by tboll1, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tboll1

tboll1 Registered Member

Hi,
    After installing IE 7 MRU Blaster won't clean, or even try to clean, TIF's on demand. (I run MRU Blaster manually after signing off the internet in User mode). I have found that if I run "eraser" for a second or two and then run MRU Blaster it cleans everything including TIF. But if I don't run eraser for at least a second it will not clean TIF's or even attempt to clean them. It just cleans Cookies and the normal MRU's and totally skips TIF's.
    I use Windows XP Pro on a Pentiium IV hyperthreading 3.0 Ghz with 1 GB ram. I also use Eraser, Spybot, SpywareBlaster, ID Blaster and Zone Alarm.
    MRU Blaster cleaned all TIF's perfectly before installing IE 7. I have already un-installed and re-installed MRU Blaster, and when I un-installed I removed all MRU Blaster registry entries before re-installing.
    Why do I have to start another program, Eraser, to get MRU Blaster to find and delete TIF's?
    I have some friends and relatives having the same problem, although they didn't notice MRU Blaster wasn't cleaning TIF files until I mentioned it to them. They are all using IE 7 also.
    Has anyone gotten MRU Blaster to remove TIF on demand with IE 7 o_O?

Thanks in advance! All your products ROCK!!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed report - I'll take a look at this. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. tboll1

tboll1 Registered Member

Can anyone get MRU Blaster to clean TIF in IE7?

After downloading IE7 I noticed MRU Blaster no longer cleans TIF files even though the path is correct. It cleans cookies just fine but does nothing to TIF's, it doesn't even try, it just skips the process. The only way I can get it to work is to run Eraser for a few seconds before running MRU Blaster, then it works just fine and cleans TIF's and everything else.
    Has anyone else running IE7 had this problem? Is anyone else running IE7 and not noticed MRU Blaster is skipping cleaning TIF's?
    I love this program, as well as many other Wilder's programs. I'm not going to give up on MRU Blaster. Even if I have to go through extra steps it still beats any other program out there. MRU Blaster only takes less than a minute to do what Eraser takes an hour to do. Can't figure out why it doesn't work correctly as far as removing TIF's in IE7 though.

4. cliffhucker

cliffhucker Registered Member

I have the same problem.

I do not know if it has ever worked? I installed it when I had IE6. I am running IE7 now. And FireFox.

I just spent long time (2+hours using this thread to troubleshoot it)
    ***I followed Bubbas instructions to the "T" starting with post #49
    And had no better luck than keystagegolf did.
    I think Bubba got frustrated with the whole thing! But I can confirm that keystagegolf is not the only one that Bubbas instructions were not successfull. Props to Bubba for his efforts. There must be some conflict: =to IE7 + other apps.

I am sick of IE. I liked IE7 when I got (thought it had some good improvements over IE6) it but I had 1 to many script errors the other day and finally decided to install FireFox. Wow I like the customization potential. And it works good w/ my satellite connection.

I wanted MRU blaster to clean the index.dat files.
    Does this mean that all this time (since the tif cleaner is inoperable) I have not been deleting the dat file?

Come to think of it, when I originally installed MRUB (when I had IE6) I installed Winspy and the files were getting written over.

My system specs are in my Sig.

Anyway,

Thanks Javacool for all you hard work. I am sure the updated program will be flawless.

Cheers

Cliffhucker

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.