MRU-Blaster and Windows Power Options

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by chris62, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris62

chris62 Registered Member

Hi,

Can anyone suggest an answer to this problem, please?

I have been using MRU-Blaster for a long time but recently it has started causing a problem: I have set the Power Options in my Windows XP Pro installation so that the monitor and hard disc are turned off after 15 minutes inactivity.

Now, if MRU-Blaster is running in the background these settings are ignored and the monitor and HD stay on indefinitely. Is there any way that MRU-Blaster can run in the background without interfering with the Power Options? Although I have been using MRU-Blaster for some time, it is only recently that this problem has occurred.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

The current version of MRU-Blaster does not have explicit support for detecting computer inactivity or Windows power management.

However, if MRU-Blaster isn't actively "running" (i.e. scanning and cleaning) it shouldn't be able to prevent your computer from detecting inactivity. (One exception - the built-in "Scheduler" tool that runs MRU-Blaster at an interval could possibly cause this, although I haven't tested it - you could look into replacing it with the built-in Windows Task Scheduler.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.