MRU-Blaster and Windows Power Options

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by chris62, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris62

chris62 Registered Member

Hi,

Can anyone suggest an answer to this problem, please?

I have been using MRU-Blaster for a long time but recently it has started causing a problem: I have set the Power Options in my Windows XP Pro installation so that the monitor and hard disc are turned off after 15 minutes inactivity.

Now, if MRU-Blaster is running in the background these settings are ignored and the monitor and HD stay on indefinitely. Is there any way that MRU-Blaster can run in the background without interfering with the Power Options? Although I have been using MRU-Blaster for some time, it is only recently that this problem has occurred.
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

The current version of MRU-Blaster does not have explicit support for detecting computer inactivity or Windows power management.

However, if MRU-Blaster isn't actively "running" (i.e. scanning and cleaning) it shouldn't be able to prevent your computer from detecting inactivity. (One exception - the built-in "Scheduler" tool that runs MRU-Blaster at an interval could possibly cause this, although I haven't tested it - you could look into replacing it with the built-in Windows Task Scheduler.)

Best regards,

-Javacool
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.