MRU Blaster and Norton Utillities

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by georgy, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgy

georgy Registered Member

I don't know if anyone can help me, but my Norton Utillities wipe function has decided to stop working. I always run it from the CD. It worked fine for ages, but now when I try to run it, it goes through the process of checking the disks integrity, and then starts to wipe the slack space. When it gets around 22 to 25% of this function, it suddenly starts over. It does this quite a few times before saying wipe failed due to disk being in use by another program. But all are closed down. I think it something to do with either MRU Blaster or ID Blaster as it ran before I loaded these on recently.

Can anyone tell me how to exit these programs (without removing them) so I can run Norton? Or do you know what else it might be, I also have Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster.

Thanks,

Georgy.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Of the 4 Javacool programs mentioned(MRU Blaster, ID Blaster, Spywareblaster and SpywareGuard)....the only ones that should be causing this....because they can have active processes running....is Spywareguard or IDblaster.

If you look at your running processes via Ctrl\Alt\Del....the 2 processes that you need to end for SpywareGuard are the exe files....sgmain and sgbhp.

I'm not at a machine with IDblaster....so I'll defer that part to others or if you can recognize it's process yourself....end that process also.

3. georgy

georgy Registered Member

Thanks Bubba,

I'll give it a go.

Rgds,

Georgy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.