MP3 reboots pc.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TrBot, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

Hi I need some help here, my friend is having some trouble with her pc and this is the email she sent me just then:

"hey steve just a question for you, why is it everytime i play music on my comp, it reboots? i have no idea why its happening and i cant figure it out well have a good nite"

Anyways, she has had a few trojans/worms over the past few weeks and (even after a reinstall)when I talk to her on MSN, her pc reboots A LOT. More so now if she plays MP3s

C'mon guys we really need help this time.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I think its the drivers - Sometimes the odd combo of *speific* versions of display+sound drivers can cause reboots in a lot of apps. In your case it seems purely sound related.

Y'see, I have a game named 'Painkiller'. It reboots 30 seconds after starting it if I use the 7x.xx version of NVIDIA Display card drivers with my SoundMAX AD1980 sound chip. If I change the soundcard to an SBLive! It just plain hangs.

This does not happen if I use the 6x.xx Drivers (for video card) along with that SBLive!

I recommend that you reinstall *all* the drivers on her computer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.