Mozilla

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Erik Franz, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Franz

Erik Franz Guest

Just downloaded a Nod32 trial version and got version 1.435.

At start, Nod32 complains about that there are no standardprogram for mail set. I use Mozilla and that is my default mail program.

How do I get rid of that popup warning at start up?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Erik,

First, I believe that "1.435" is actually the database version that comes down with the installer. (The virus database versions are all still numbered as 1.### even with version 2.0 of the NOD32 program. Today's database version is 1.546, which you'll get if you update to current defs.) Can you check the version information at: NOD32 CC->NOD32 System Tools->Information ?

Second, can you give us the exact wording of the error message? Is it this? "... Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. "

If so, you need to go into the NOD32 scanner > Setup > under System un-check "Use MAPI interface". (This is what NOD uses to scan Outlook mail, which you aren't using.) If your email is via POP3 then IMON is scanning that.

3. Erik Franz

Erik Franz Guest

Thanxs, you were right: It is this, but in swedish: "... Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. "

Un-checked the checkbox and now its working.

I am scanning the market for a better anitvirusprogram (I used Vexira before) and I have some questions to answer.

I am using IMAP to read my mails in Mozilla, and how do nod32 deal with IMAP?

Thanxs for answering my questions!

/Erik

4. Erik Franz

Erik Franz Guest

Got some more questions:
    • How often does nod32 normally relase a new VDF-file or (update)?Ourly?Daily?Weekly?
    • Can I configure nod32 to check for new versions every time I log in?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Erik,

IMON does not currently support scanning IMAP traffic.
    As to time interval, we usually release a newer update on a daily basis, sometimes even twice a day, if necessary.
    You can schedule a task to check for a newer update either on a regular basis (e.g. each 1 hour, if you have a permanent internet connection), upon user logon, or whenever a connection to the internet has been established (for details, see NOD32 Scheduler/Planner)

6. Erik Franz

Erik Franz Guest

Another question

Does No32 run as a service, or do I need to log in, in order to start the application?

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 runs as a service, however, the GUI (nodkui.exe) runs as an application and ensures displaying of NOD32 CC and other dialog windows (alerts, etc).

8. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

LowWaterManiaco_O I hope this transformation is only for Halloween and you are back to normal by Nov. 1st. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.