Mozilla to build slow-paced Firefox for conservative users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Thank you! :thumb:

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

My only question is what version will the ESR start with? Will it continue to support 3.6 or will you have to update to at least 4. I hate 4 and won't update to it no matter what kind of incentives they offer.

Edit: Just read the article guest linked to. Sounds like 3.6 will be phased out completely. I might actually put up with rapid releases if the newer versions were any good. In my opinion Mozilla completely ruined FF beyond 3.6.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Well said.
    Maybe it's a secret part of the $300M search deal.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Version 4 did suck, but come on, "ruined" FF after it? 5-9 got better and better (in performance), and 9 is probably the best they've put out since 3.6. I also have serious doubts they'd make the very first ESR version an old, decrepit version like 4. My guess is going to be it starts at 9, and from there on out corporate will basically stay one version behind.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

No, it's simply business being business. Remember, IE did it as well, and they're in no way a part of any Google deal. All the main players went through that phase, and both they and Google will go through it again if, by some miraculous happening, another vendor pops up out of nowhere and makes another offering that blows people away.

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I honestly though Fx v3-3.6 was pants, for a variety of reasons. Fx 4 was far superior IMO, I even tested some of the betas. It seems to be getting better with each successive release. *Fingers crossed*

8. guest

guest Guest

Version 10 will be the first ESR, scheduled for release at the end of this month.

9. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Even better then. They'll at least be on the updated version out of the gate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.