Mozilla (person) to others -- Don't be evil

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Maybe Dotzler feels better after venting his frustration but he has to know he's wasting his breath. Mozilla could and should do more to make Firefox prevent it. They would earn that much more respect from me as producers of one of the greatest pieces of software around. As it is now you can't even remove an unwanted plugin short of uninstalling the software that put it there in the first place, or hacking the registry. This one of my only complaints about Firefox.

3. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

It goes both ways imo.

1. The installer from Google, Apple, Microsoft and any other companies ought to ask me 1st or at the very least inform me in a clear-cut transparent manner beforehand that they're going to install XYZ add-on/plug-in into Firefox for whatever reason they deem fit.

2. Mozilla ought to do something about this so that Firefox users are alerted and given the choice when a certain XYZ add-on/plug-in from an installer is about to be installed into Firefox...

It's about giving the end-user some respect...and choice. Is that too much to ask for?

4. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

That's funny. :D
    Eric Schmidt said on The John Stewart Show The Colbert Report "Do no evil is Googles motto".

I wrote a song about it. Want to hear it, here it go...Google said their motto is do no evil..ahaah ha ahh...Thank you very much!

Edit: Satire of those shows makes serious assertions questionable for sure.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  5. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

The jon stuart show does have a fair bit of satire ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.