Mozilla/Firefox

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 99sixgun, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 99sixgun

99sixgun Guest

I've downloaded the spybot search and destroy from download.com.
    I have problems trying to get rid of an xploit threat,but can't seem to get the spybot to remove it no matter what. I went through everything I could and found that Mozilla and firefox were not included with this download can anyone help me.

2. rawprawn

rawprawn Registered Member

DSO Exploit is a harmless glitch is Spybot and is nothing to worry about. Make sure that you update Spybot regularly and Exploit should disappear. If you go into advanced mode settings and tick to accept beta then update I think that cures your problem.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hello 99sixgun. Rawprawn would be correct, have a look here.

GF

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i think to get rid of that you should only update spybot to beta 1.3.1 but not the beta definitions, if you update the definition too you may start to get false positives when you run spybot. from what i read in spybots forum it is safe to update to beta spybot 1.3.1 because all that did was get rid of the DSOexploit false positive. when you have beta updated spybot turn off the-display available beta versions in advanced>settings>settings>web update>display available beta versions. thats also the way to grt there to turn them on too :D

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

didnt see your post GlobalForce, i think i followed you here from the test forum :D

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

That's OK Iceni ;), this look's like some additional useful information :D.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.