Mozilla Firefox RC2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ASpace, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Mozilla's Firefox Release Candidate 2 released
    Final release soon
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

I tried it and it works great with no problem , installs and uninstalls without issues . Haven't found any big improvements except from the new Anti-Phishing filter . Your opinion ? :thumb:

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Yeah it does work grreat. As expected none of my extensions work, but that`s no big deal. Just move to another snapshot. :)

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

RC2 works fine here too.

Just a tip if anyone wants to use their old extensions with RC versions of Firefox or if you just cant wait for the extension makers to update their extensions; use the extension "Mr tech local install" it has a option to make extensions compatible (skip version check) with new versions of FF.
    It will make almost all extensions work in new versions. It is just some complicated extensions that doesnt work properly even if one makes them compatible, like "Roboform" and sometimes "Tabbrowser Extensions"

I have been using it for ages. Never had any problems making old extensions work with new versions of FF

*edit* I just noticed that Roboform has released a .xpi for RC2 :thumb:
    I have now been running RC2 for a while and it is great. English is not my native language and I love the auto spelling feature. RC2 is fast, phishing protection is nice. The only thing I´ve noticed is that RC2 doesnt load in Geswall, but thats no biggie since noscript does its job. No other problems..
    :

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I think these will work:

NoScript
    ShowIP
    McAfee SiteAdvisor
    IE tab
    FireFTP
    Dr.Web anti-virus link checker
    DownThemAll
    Addblock Plus
    Advanced Dork
    Adblock FiltersetG updater

Gerard

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

thx for the news Hitech boy!
    As for extensions they work for me
    I have: Forecastfox(modified to make it compatible), McAfee SiteAdvisor, IE tab, Addblock Plus, Adblock FiltersetG updater, NoScript

6. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

The only thing I don't like about RC2 is that it no longer takes on the look of your Windows shell, mostly in the tabs. They don't look like whatever color your Windows is, but instead just the same always. I kinda miss that. I'm still using 1.5 just until 2 is done though.

7. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Just curious...Weren't they supposed to update the bookmarks for version 2?

-HandsOff

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have been useing version 2.0 for a while now and I like it much better the the previous version. Although FF is not my default browser

9. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
    They were, but i think that it's pushed back to FF3.0

Lamehand

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

could u post a screenshot of this?

i dont know what to make of it as i use windowblinds and teh safire theme for firefox.

11. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Never mind, I'm stickin' with 1.5.0.7 until Mr. Mozilla rolls 2.0 out via the AU function in FF.

12. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
  13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

14. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Ronjor, you are correct!

I do question the 2.0 designation. Anybody can change a name! I was looking forward to the bookmarks revision since to current implementation is sort of lame. I mean, for god's sake Internet explorer handles bookmarks better, I think!

Oops! I meant, congratulations on your MVP status. My humor may be warped but the congratulations is quite sincere. I have been fortunate to receive help from Peiter A. and Nick, and yourself, and none have proven better! I guess I should have congratulated you in the appropriate thread, but I got side tracked while I was still pondering your acheivement!

15. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

17. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

First time Firefox (RC3) user here with some issues...

1. I'm having difficulties setting website text sizes. When I use View>TextSize to adjust my home page text size to my liking, that results in huge text sizes on Wilders and some other forums! Is there a better way to adjust text sizes of various websites and have Firefox remember the settings?

2. How do I add a Mail icon to my toolbar (as in IE6) offering Create New Message? Fwiw, my email client is MS Outlook.

Thanks

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Looking through the Firefox site, text size seems to be a problem for some. http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4

The mail icon isn't working for me either. Under view, toolbars, customize, the window shows no email icon.

19. pvsurfer

Ron~ I think (hope) I solved the text-size problem by using the selections available in Tools>Options>Content, but the mail icon s something I use a lot, so if I can't fix that, I'll have to go back to using IE or K-Meleon. ~pv

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  20. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Good fix. I forgot that setting. The email icon doesn't show in the safe mode either so it's probably not an extension conflict. Hopefully, they will fix it.

21. pvsurfer

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  22. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Looks like an option but I'm not sure why it is being left out of the current version. o_O :D

23. pvsurfer

It's very strange (to me) that they omitted the Mail icon - I guess the developers didn't think it was worthwhile! Anyhow, the addon I found seems to do the job!

This is just my first day with Firefox RC3, so only time will tell how it measures up to IE or K-Meleon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.