Mozilla Firefox problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JFin, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFin

JFin Registered Member

Have recently downloaded SpywareBlaster and it does not let me protect Mozilla Firefox. There is a window in Browser Pages for Mozilla is it is empty and not editable. On the mail Protection page Internet Explorer is full of goodies but Mozilla only shows a few cookies. As we don't Internet Explorer this is a bit of a drag! Has anybody any suggestions please?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

open firefox then close it then enable protection that should work

4. deedee mix

deedee mix Registered Member

Hi,
    I have the latest Firefox browser, and I just downloaded spywareblaster. SB didn't detect Firefox. I tried opening, closing FF and then enabling protection and it still didn't work. The article discusses a registry.dat profile, but I don't have one. And I had looked for hidden files too, in the C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\ folder (and its subfolders).

5. deedee mix

deedee mix Registered Member

Oh, nevermind. It's working now. I rebooted (don't know if that was a factor) and opened SB with FF open.

6. JFin

JFin Registered Member

Thanks for the replies guys. 'fraid none of them apply. The dat file is well under 1mg and protection is already enabled. I'm not sure if it's that it doesn't recognise Mozilla at all - it has collected a few cookies in the blocked list but there's nothing at all in the browser pages. Could it be worth uninstalling SpyBlaster and reinstalling it??

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Well imho, as long as FF is fully enabled in the SWB interface it should be ok.

I have FF installed and nothing is listed in the Browser pages option either. As far as the cookies, as long none of the ones listed are not unchecked all should be fine. I'm certainly no expert on SWB but for me, when all the protection is enabled i asumme it's working as it should. ;) :D

snowbound

8. bobcat987

bobcat987 Registered Member

Hey I was having the same problem.... Your advice worked. Glad I foudn this place!!!

:D

Off topic link removed ~ Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.