Mozilla Firefox 29.0 Final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Yeh, it turned Cyberfox into Australis! I did make an AX64 snapshot first and then did a one minute restore back to Cf v28. I spent a little while this morning making Ff 29 appear and function like earlier version(s) so I'm not in the mood to customize Cf. Since Australis is now just like my old profile I'll go on Toady's site and ask some questions.

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Shouldn't this be considered a Cyberfox problem and not a Firefox problem?

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

More info on new Cyberfox release:
    Also:

And more:
    Firefox Australis what this means for Cyberfox!
    https://8pecxstudios.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=330

This doesn't give me a nice feeling..

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's confine comments to the release itself in this thread. Comments of a political nature and comments on other browser versions need to go elsewhere.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

7. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Yes, once or twice a year.

8. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Lucky you. :rolleyes:

9. BoerenkoolMetWorst

I have it once or twice a year as well, but it used to be much more often, especially when resource usage of the system was high. After I uninstalled the AV, the problem was gone.

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Lastest Posting about this issue, with possible solution.

11. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I can confirm what he is saying in W7. I am used to using my Firefox set to "Never remember history" but a few months ago, I changed the setting to "Use custom settings for history". In Xp, that did not create any kind of problems. But when I tried to do it in W7, I experienced exactly what the guy describes in the link. So in W7, I had to change settings back to "Never remember history".

After updating to Firefox 29 (with new profile), I tried once again to set Firefox to "Use custom settings for history". But I experienced the same problem. I thought this was a Sandboxie thing but I guess its not.

If I have Firefox set to not to remember history, I don't experience the Firefox still running issue at all.

Bo

12. BoerenkoolMetWorst

If you use tabs on bottom with the classic view, you can enable the Menu bar, it will then appear in the Title bar, so it doesn't take up any space and you don't have to press ALT anymore :)

No problems here with custom history on Win7. I had it already on older versions and still no problem with v29.

13. bo elam

If I enable Title bar, the Menu bar does appear in the Title bar but as I see it here, it does take about a fifth of an inch more of space. Not much difference one way or another, I think.:)

Bo

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

bo, I too experienced the Firefox still running issue on occasion. After finding the linked posting, I kept the Use custom settings for history option and checked the Remember my browser and download history box. Since my Clear history when Firefox closes box is checked, with its Settings set to clear everything, except Saved Password & Site Preferences, after repeated browser closings and openings, my "still running" issue has disappeared. Just FYI.

15. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Oh ho ... Firefox 30 (beta)!

16. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

If you're tired of it, stick with the ESR build.

17. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yeah, I've gone with the standard Fx 29 release. Although, the betas gave me no problems at all, even with all my extensions.

18. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well, not really, to me it´s a joke that after all these years, you still can´t put tabs on bottom in Chrome. :thumbd:

19. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Hi JRViejo,

I've tried your settings but I'm still seeing the same issue with FF not closing at times.

20. bo elam

If you don't want Firefox to remember history when you close it, try "Never remember history". I haven't experienced any Firefox still running issue in Firefox 29 using that setting and its probably about a couple of years since last time that I saw that issue in my computers.

Bo

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Because of all the testing I've doing on another issue, I haven't had the chance to continue trying close/open with my settings, but so far, it's working for me. I guess every browser configuration is different. I'll report back, should I encounter the still running problem again.

22. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Hi Bo and JR,

I have changed FF to "Never remember history" and so far this has indeed worked. :thumb: Interestingly though, when I re-open Options I see it has changed to "Use custom settings for history" with "Always use private browsing" checked.

Anyway...

I don't know why I haven't had it set that way all along. :isay:

23. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Did it happened also with a clean profile? I set Firefox as the default browser on all Windows computers I deal with. Nobody complained about it.

24. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Yes, I too have seen that before, and the reason why I never went that way. If it works for you, it's a keeper! :thumb:

25. bo elam

Something that I noticed when I played with those settings is that for the change in settings to "Never remember history" to stick, you need to change it first to "Remember history", after you restart the browser and the browser is set to remember history, then changing settings to never remember history sticks after restarting the browser. I don't know why it works like that but thats what I saw.

In other words, to change setting from Use custom settings in history to Never remember history, you have to go through Remember history first. I think, you should leave settings as you have it now but if you experience the problem again, then really really setting the browser to Never remember history ought to take care of the problem. In my personal case, while using that setting, its been so long that I cant remember last time that I had this issue.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.