Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 2 RC1 Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Legendkiller, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Features of Mozilla Firefox:
    · comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
    · a tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
    · integrated search (powered by Google);
    · industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
    · simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
    · a streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
    · a large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser.
    Website has been updated documents for downloading This version added some new feature, and some of IE7 is similar :
    * Currently there are close tab button
    * Search engine management
    * improve functional rss feed
    There are a number of special improvement
    * presentation of the amended
    * spelling check
    * plug-ins management
    * session recovery
    Download:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0b2-candidates/rc1/firefox-2.0b2.en-US.win32.installer.exe

2. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I hope they have already solved the memory eating problem of Firefox. My gosh... it's very voracious!!! o_O :p

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I've tested it and seems a little bit lighter, but there no huge improvements. Anyway, I hope Extension developers will update them to install on this version also. :D

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I never considered Firefox and memory as a problem, even on my old computer (512MB), where it was a problem.
    I just didn't care about that, because I like Firefox. I don't need fast surfing, because I need time to read it also.

I solved any possible memory problem once and for all and gave my new computer 2048MB and I can expand upto 4096MB.
    All my applications open now in 1, 2 or 3 seconds.
    The first opening of Firefox takes 3 seconds, all openings after that take 2 seconds.

I also bought a dual core CPU for multi-tasking and it works. If one of my scanners starts automatically I can do other things, which was on my old computer a serious problem.

I never complain about a problem, that was caused by me, I just take care of it or I live with it without complaining. :)

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Wasnt there supposed to be some sort of built in anti phishing in firefox2 ?.I havent heard any mention of it in the release candidate.
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.