Mozilla/Firebird webbrowsers?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi everyone...

These few words to let you know I changed my mind about some of the few above-quoted lines I wrote earlier in this thread.

The Opera cookie-management features I clearly underestimated, as can be seen and understood by reading my updated point of vue in this regard in http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=14890

On the other hand, as far as the display of security levels when accessing encrypted pages is concerned, I now realize the Mozilla-family browsers are much clearer and detailed than Opera. Please see the following screenshots to get some illustration...

All three screenshots are taken from Mozilla's Phoenix 0.5 webbrowser when accessing ZipLip.com

First screenshot on 'general' page infos...

Attached Files:

2. crockett

Again, similar screenshots I simply couldn't find in Opera... If I'm wrong and anyone can show me how to access the same kind of display in Opera, please feel free to PM me.

Second screenshot shows display of more security-specific infos...

Attached Files:

3. crockett

The last one relates to the Phoenix 0.5's 'certificate viewer'...

Of course, this ABSOLUTELY does NOT mean that Opera is less secure than the Moz' family, but simply that the display and viewing of security levels during surfing is easier on the Moz' squad.

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

Attached Files:

4. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

Hi all

Well I been using fire bird nightly builds and even through there only test models for the upcoming update I have never run in to any serious problems few minor annoying glitches maybe

Like display troubles pages not loading right buttons now working unable to change setting and have them stay stuff like that but like I said that's nothing but minor stuff all I do is just report it at the forum and usually by the next nightly its fixed but not always depends on whether its just a minor mistake coz the coder wasn't paying attention or just hit the wrong key or if its something meagrely wrong that requires a lot of work

Also in all my time using firebird nightly builds iv only ever had it crash twice and by crash I mean talk back switches on to send an error report to the firebird team and this is with nightly builds so I think that bodes quite well for the milestone build

my advice to everyone is if your are looking for a IE replacement take a look at firebird you wont be disappointed and if ya don't like the way something looks just edit the user.js user userChrome.css or the userContent.css I got no programming knowledge and even I maged to manipulate the way the browser looks and functions till I got it to my needs

if ya need help doing this just install the ChromEdit extension and if ya still not sure what ya doing that's ok just ask at the forum i'm sure people there can tell ya what ya need to input to get the desired tweak working how do ya think I did it he he :D

Blessed be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.