Mozilla Configuration

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xonk, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xonk

xonk Registered Member

I am trying to configure Thunderbird without much success.
    I want to get rid of any previous settings and start from scratch as I have made several attempts without any luck.
    Ideally I want to remove anything on my PC to do with Mozilla Thunderbird including registry entries which I suspect play a vital part.
    Can anyone advise how best to remove completely from PC including registry entries and start from scratch.

Any advice appreciated with the correct settings using POP3 settings. Incoming Server / Smtp outgoing settings.
    My ISP is t-online.de and I am of the opinion that I am entering the incorrect data.

Tks

Tks

2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

You could start the Thunderbird ProfileManager and delete your old profile and create a new one. I would do this anyway, since it gives you the chance to put your profile on a partition other than C:\.

At any rate, you could try these settings:

T-Online
    Posteingangsserver: pop.t-online.de
    Postausgangsserver: mailto.t-online.de
    Benutzername: Egal
    Besonderheiten: Benutzername und Kennwort sind egal (können sogar komplett entfallen), da diese Möglichkeit nur funktioniert, wenn Sie über den T-Online-Zugang angemeldet sind.
    Diese Daten gelten nur, wenn Sie T-Online als einzelner Benutzer nutzen.

T-Online (über andere Provider; mehrere Benutzer; E-Mail-Pakete)
    Posteingangsserver: popmail.t-online.de
    Postausgangsserver: smtpmail.t-online.de
    Benutzername: E-Mail-Adresse
    Besonderheiten: Verwendet SMTP-Authentifizierung.

Take a look at this page.

See if any of that works. I've also read that you sometimes have to log in to their webmail and configure a password, but there doesn't seem to be 100% agreement on this. Telekom always seems to make things difficult.

3. xonk

xonk Registered Member

Hi

Thanks your response. Thunderbird currently up and running upon using the settings which were suggested.
    Carried out tests. Both outgoing and incoming in working order.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.