Mozilla Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

anyone tried Mozilla Cleaner?: Mozilla Cleaner is an accompaniment to Mozilla Suite, Firefox and Thunderbird.
    It deletes your browsing and E-Mail history, cleans your Recycle bin, Temporary folders,
    Clipboard, Windows MRU items and user added Files and Folders.
    A cookie manager is also included enabling you to save selected cookies...
    A secure delete option is also available to make your files harder to recover even using specialized software.
    What are system requirements?
    Windows XP and Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 or above.

it looks to be donationware.

can anyone see where the download location is? i think maybe Proxo is filtering the download link out for me o_O
    http://www.mozillacleaner.co.uk/

2. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

It ain't freeware. The website clearly says that you need to pay $5 through Paypal to get it. :mad:

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

wasn't clear to me :D that's why i said
    because of the wording :oops:

4. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

5. bch

bch Registered Member

I used Mozilla Cleaner for a while before I removed the net framework. It worked very well and you can add custom files and folders to be cleaned. (The fact that you can add individual files, as well as whole folders is very good). It gave me the idea to make up a simple batch file to clear the Firefox, Mozilla, and Opera caches etc.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the confirmation window when closing it. It appears with that horrible windows warning sound which makes you jump up out of your seat and bang your head on the ceiling.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Down_Under. i did look at CleanMOcache before i posted and i thought it looked like it had gone shareware, it hasn't.

i hate that noise too, but, i don't normally have my sound on :cool: if i did i would change it to something else, i have attached an mp3 you can use instead, just change the extension from txt back to mp3.

i've been thinking of using Eraser to clean/erase on boot. i've made a note of afew places which can be cleaned, i want to be able to replace CCleaner with Eraser.

Attached Files:

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

how about this one, a falcon flyby from Star Wars. it'a a wav file (falcon_flyby.wav)

Attached Files:

8. bch

bch Registered Member

Thanks iceni.

9. DanL

DanL Registered Member

CrapCleaner is another option to clean FireFox and it's also free.
    Not sure how it compares to the others mentioned above.

Dan

10. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Softes "Windows Cleaner 2005" is another very good one that I've been using. They have a limited freeware version that does even more than CCleaner, including registry monitoring and automatic cleaning on program exit (ie, you could set it to automatically clear your Firefox cache when you close it)
    http://www.softes.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.