Moving to new hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SlickBag, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlickBag

SlickBag Registered Member

Hi,

I realize I am asking the impossible, but I thought I would try anyway:

1) I need to move a server to new hardware (HP NetServer to HP Proliant DL380 G4) for Windows 2000.

2) Windows 2000 does not recognize the SmartArray 6i in the G4 so it will not boot once I dump image to the new server (using TI 7). I am sure a whole bunch of other drivers would not load either, but right now booting is the first obstacle.

Are there any tools out there that will let me "hack" into the registry from the ERD process to tell it to load a different disk driver. I should mention "free tools". I dont want to buy WinTernals tool (not ever sure if that can do it). Any help is appreciated.

2. proddick

proddick Registered Member

Hi

After you have restored the image to the new server you should be able to get the server to boot by using the Windows 2000 Repair. Boot of the OS CD and let it find the operating system - then ask it do a repair.

This worked for me during a server migration recently - let me know how you get on.

Regards

Paul R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.