Moving the Remote Administrator Server?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by cdr478s, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdr478s

cdr478s Registered Member

What are the potential problems with moving the Remote Administrator Server to a different server? I know that I would need to re-point each workstation to the new server as well as add the new server to my Remote Admin Console so I can see all the clients again. But would I lose all prior data that the Server/Console had collected thus far? And is there an automated way to push an update to clients with the new server name so I would not have to go update each client or reinstall on each client?

We are running Nod32 AV Bus Ed. Ver 3.0642 on the clients and using Remote Admin Console ver 2.0.56

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I've done it a few times.....
    Install your new server....
    Update your config file(s) reflecting the new server IP or name, and push it to the clients.
    Monitor the new server, as the new clients report into it...delete the clients from the old server.
    When all are reporting to the new server, kill it.

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If you wish to keep old data you should be able to setup replication while the old server is still online.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.