Moving Files on the Same Disk

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by FONMaster, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FONMaster

FONMaster Registered Member

Using 10.6 with Pathfinder's MoveTo command. All works fine when moving things between an HFS+ and NTFS volume, but moving things on the NTFS volume (between directories) LOSES the file. They disappear from the FROM location and they don't exist in the TO location. This is bad.

When I chkdsk the NTFS volume, it finds the files and repairs the directories, so I can get to the file and don't actually lose it. It seems as if there may be a problem in the driver that occurs when copying to/from the same NTFS volume.

Is anyone else having this issue?

FON

2. Mephist

Mephist Paragon Support

What version of PathFinder do you use?
    What version of NTFS for Mac do you use?
    Does this issue reproduce constantly?

3. dustybones

dustybones Registered Member

I can say this happened to me as well. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.3, MacPro 4.1, latest 8.0 (Full Paid) version of NTFS for Mac, and when I tried to MOVE a file from one directory to another, Finder will give me a error saying the file "" already exists and cannot be moved, then the file disappears from the original location and is not in the new location. This has happened twice now and I have uninstalled it now for fear of loosing all my files.

Also of note is with parallels 5, I tried to access the drive as a shared drive and parallels sees the drive, and I use a windows program called emule, and all the part files that it downloads to that NTFS drive are corrupted. Now I think that this is due to the NTFS driver as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.