Moving a raid system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wetpiggirl, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wetpiggirl

Wetpiggirl Registered Member

Hello,

I currently have a RAID 0 config on a generic intel based Motherboard. The mother board has a hybrid PCIe x16 slot that only has a bandwidth of a PCIe x4 or AGP x4. Is it possible to install a new mother board (so i can use a TRUE PCIe x16 for my 7800gtx) and "migrate" my RAID 0 config over to the new board using the Acronis True image 8.0 software? Thanks..

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Wetpiggirl,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Here is the basic scheme of transferring the operating system to a different hardware:

- Prepare your Windows for transferring using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep) as it is described in this FAQ article;

- Create an image of the prepared Windows;

- Restore this image to the desired location;

- Try to boot as usual;

- If it does not boot then please do the following (depending of the operating system you use):

- Boot the computer from Windows 95/98/ME Startup Disk and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

- Boot the computer from Windows 2000/XP Installation CD and run "fixmbr" command in Recovery Console;

- In case it still does not boot, perform Windows Repair Installation as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please be aware that we do not guarantee the successful transferring of your operating system to a different hardware. Actually, no one can guarantee this.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.