mouse wont work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bkmaddog, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkmaddog

bkmaddog Registered Member

my pc crashed and i got windows reinstalled and tried to do a restore at bootup but full version wont load and safe mode wont let me use my mouse i use alt and the letter to select until it get to check a drive you wish to restore to. well without the mouse it wont work. please help. ive will loose a lot if i cant restore. it setting the on an external hard drive and cant get it back. thanks bk

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is this mouse RS232, PS2, USB, or Wireless?

If USB wireless, try a PS2 mouse if you have one handy.

When booting from the CD at the acronis loading..... message are you able to press F11 on your keyboard to get you to the Linux command prompt?

Colin

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If it's a usb mouse try this at the first screen, hit F11 and on the entry line where it says "quiet" add "usbmouse=off" without the quotes. This works for Logitech optical wireless mice.

4. bkmaddog

microsoft wireless usb ihave a ps2 but i cant get it work in normal windows and i don't get a prompt in safe mode goes directly in. just like in reg windows. but full version goes to black screen after the true image screen with no prompt. waited and waited and nuttn. thanks. ps tried to restore from windows and it tells me to reboot and same thing.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I'm missing something here ... if your system crashed (but the hard drive is okay) why are you reinstalling windows when you have a backup on an external hard drive? If the backup on the external is a complete backup of the system, all you have to do is boot with the bootable Rescue CD (you do have one of these don't you) choose Full version which will let True Image see the external drive, and Restore (or Recover is the word being used now) the Image that is on the external drive.
    The Restore procedure will wipe out anything that is on the destination drive so it was pointless reinstalling windows.

6. bkmaddog

point is couldnt do a complete restore because you have to use a mouse to do it. mouse will not work with true image a bootup. i used alienwares respawn to get it back to when i took itout of the box(no reistallling all hardware or setup).ijust want my mouse to work. a lot of people have the same problem. they should have made this so can us keys instead. buy the way i reach a certain point by using keys but when i get to "CHECK the drive you wish to restore to" ican high light it but can't get a check in the box. next button willnot become available. and my keyboard is wireless to on the same usb. and cant get another ps2 mouse to work even in windows
    thanks brian

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

OK, in the meantime whilst trying to figure this out, how do you attempt to put the check sign in the tick box?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but the space bar should be working once you've highlighted the tick box.

Colin

8. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I just posted this in the other topic of the same name:
    ===============================================
    Usually a combination of the Tab, Spacebar, and Arrow keys will work for when a mouse will not. First the Tab is normally used to move from one field to another. The Spacebar will usually select an item and the Arrow keys lets you move within a field. You just have to experiment with them.
    ===============================================
    And I should add that I did come across a system where the mouse didn't work when the TI CD was booted, and what I stated above worked to negotiate the buttons etc. to create and restore an Image.

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

At the first Acronis screen where you select safe or full, hit F11 and then on the entry line where it says "quiet" add " usbmouse=off". This is a parameter to Linux and should do the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.