Mouse Don't Move or Only Up and Down

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomBrooklyn, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn Registered Member

Booted to Acronis Recovery CD

Safe Mode:
    I see a picture of a cursor on all screens. Mouse doesn't move cursor. Cursor looks like a picture of a cursor, not an actual cursor.

Full Mode:
    Mouse cursor moves up and down but not side to side. Can tab to some commands but many such as the whole menu on the top are inaccessible.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Is this a usb, ps2 or wireless mouse? And what version and build of True Image is it?

3. TomBrooklyn

Hi,
    It's a USB wireless. It's branded Dell but it comes up as Logitech somewhere. I just loaded Windows on a new drive and Device Mgr. says mouse is good but I have a driver disk for this keyboard and maybe there is something with the mouse in there also. I didn't use this disk to load any driver as when I used Dell's Windows install disk the keyboard and mouse worked.

I'm checking with Dell now to see if I need to download the drivers off the disk.

For Acronis TI, I was using a bootable disk I made somehow. I can't even remember how I got it. I did it very late last night and I've been going nuts trying to get a super mess with multiple hard drives straightened out. I just bought the upgrade from Seagate Disk Wizard and now I can't even find it on my computer and I don't know how to download it again.

I ran two searches on my computer, one for Acronis and one for True Image and they both came up blank so I don't even remember how I made that recover disk.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  4. TomBrooklyn

OK. FIXED.

I plugged in a USB mouse and it's working OK. I guess the boot disk program didn't like the wireless mouse. Cheers.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You are correct. The Logitech wireless mouse is not supported. This has been a problem for some time and is not yet solved.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Alternatively, when you boot up from the CD and get the th screen where you shoose Full or Safe, press F11 key and tab over to the command line and enter "usbmouse=off" without the quotes then tab to enter and press enter for full mode. The Logitach wire mouse should work fine then.

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Thanks, I hadn't heard that that was the fix. I'll try it the next time I work on a system with the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Usually I've just plugged in a wired mouse.

8. TomBrooklyn

Hi,
    I suppose you meant to click OK after typing in on command line and then tabbing to full mode. I did that and it went into some doslike screen with all kinds of text and stuff. Whoa. I typed Exit and got out and to the main screen for what I guess is full mode.

Wireless mouse is working though. I just hope something weird didn't happen.

Regards, TomBk

9. shieber

On the line where you typed "usbmouse=off" there had been the parameter "quiet". It's there by deafult so you don't see all that stuff racing onto your screen. If you leave that parameter "quiet" on the line, all that stuff you saw won't show. If you take "quiet" off of the line, then all the stuff that loads (drivers etc.) during boot up shows; "quiet" is like the "echo off" command in DOS if that means anything too you.

It doesn't harm anything to have all that stuff show.

sh

10. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

That's peculiar-I have an Inspiron 1000 with Logitech wireless & never had any trouble with it OR Acronis. Color me lucky , I guess.

11. shieber

As I understand it, the usbmouse driver in Linux (boot CD os) doesn't handle the mouse properly. If your bios is handling the mouse, it should work fine. Using the "usbmouse=off" paremeter when loading the Linux on the Boot CD prevents the usb mouse driver from loading, and lets the BIOS handle the mouse. The Windows drivers work fine. So when your in widnows, there shold be no issue, when going to restore, you might have an issue, in which case, the usbmouse=off parameter usually does the trick.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TomBrooklyn and anyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

Would like to add that if you want to automate the process of booting with some specific parameter (usbmouse=off, or any other), then submit a request for technical support explaining the issue in details. We will certainly provide you with the download link for the special ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD having the respective parameter encoded.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

13. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Marat,
    Why can't TI have a menu listing options to be included in the recovery CD creation process such as: usbmouse=off, quiet acpi=off noapic, and perhaps some others. This way the users can make their own special CD without Acronis' intervention.

There is a wealth of information in this forum about very frequent problems that could be easily rectified with a little effort and thus reduce the support burden on Acronis staff significantly.

Yes, I'll add it to the Wish List.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.