Mouse cursor doesn't show w/ bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by videobruce, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. videobruce

videobruce Registered Member

On a older Sony tower when I use the bootable CD (program not insatlled in computer) the mouse cursor doesn'tr show.
    I manage to get to the comments scrfeen, but can't get off the comments box to the 'next' box to proced to the next imaging step.
    I treid as many keyboard shortcuts I can think of but nothing seems to move the cursor from the comment box to the bottom row of radio buttons.

Any ideas on either issue? This is V8.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Is this a usb or wireless mouse? If yes, try a standard mouse.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello videobruce,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please make sure that your bootable rescue media was created with the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0.

If the problem persists with the latest build, please try the following workaround:

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add the "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button.

If that does not help, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc once again and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add the "usbmouse=off" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button.

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. videobruce

videobruce Registered Member

It is a PS2 wired mouse.
    After I push F11, the cursor shows. If I click OK, when the program loads the cursor is gone.

Ok, I tried "quiet acpi=off noapic" and then "quiet acpi=off noapic usbmouse=off", but it still didn't work. I don't know if spaces or "/" are needed between those additional commands.

Can that 'comments' box be bypassed w/o the mouse?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  5. shipstylin

shipstylin Registered Member

I know you can get by everything because I had a similar problem with 8.0 and I was able to create a backup with no mouse. Most likely you can hold down Alt and hit N and it should go to the next button and choose it. Usually every button on a form has a keyboard shortcut which is usually Alt and the first letter depending on if you have more than one selection that starts with the same leter. Just like if you hit Alt and F when our in your internet browser it will pop down the file menu.

hope this helps ya out...
    (V)ike

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello videobruce,

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc once again and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet usbmouse=off, click on the OK button.

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.