Most waiting for new release of GSS

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by cafeshop, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cafeshop

cafeshop Former Poster

Jason is working much hard to bring a most stable and secure version of GSS and compared to others out there.

I have "Online Armor 2.1.0.131 licensed version" running. It is the best to work in pseudo scheme preset-it-forget-it; users should do not customize advanced settings not to be locked out from successfully windows log in, system going in unstable, lagging, even with windows advanced experienced users. So I have to have OA working like a firewall (after OA patched its performance firewall), and let Kaspersky IS 2009 does the HIPS protection on WinXP-SP3 box. OA's hips is extremely strong against HIPS attacks (matousec.com), but, it seems OA is not stable (in means of user wish of customization & tweaking) and speudo.

OA's Run-Safe mode is not working on Windows Server 2003.

So, GSS must be the best shot at all aspects for all windows users. Please put a great firewall in Jason!

Anyone confirm and put in your comments yet.
    TIA

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I am using Beta versions of AppDefend (ver. 2) and RegDefend (ver. 3). They work well on my system. I am also waiting for final versions of each. Hope it's soon.

3. Someone

Someone Registered Member

From what I've seen I think it's going to be a long time, if at all.:oops:
    I hope I'm wrong.

4. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

We could perhaps blame Microsoft for the variety of versions that have to be supported. Perhaps Jason could implement his design in at least one version, probably XP, and at least some people would be satisfied. Why XP? There are still people using W2K, I'm one of them, but likely most are using XP. A poll might be interesting, Question: For all those that have PAID for GSS, what operating system do you use? W3.1 W95 W98 WME W2K XP Vista(grin) or one of the Server variants Server 2003, 2008, 2013(grin again, see other thread)?
    Oh yes, specify the Service Pack SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP2013(same grin, see other thread)?
    Sorry Jason, but you took on an immense task which may be impossible to complete. The longer you delay, the larger the task, and the task may be growing exponentially while you're just one man.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  5. topmoxie

topmoxie Registered Member

Yeh then there's the question of who bought the product and when they bought it, are those people who paid before vista came out going to be eliminated because they paid when Xp came out. And another thing, if someone can please clarify why before GSS when we install a program all aspects and install are excepted by going through the install and excution of the program, lo and behold with GSS you have to accept before it installs and accept before it executes and then it runs as in the old days before GSS, seems the same to me, this program does nothing except to place a seeming firewall in between you and the use of the program, seems redundent most good firewalls do the same thing.

Oh one last thing the only person to blame is the maker of the software, he is the one who initiated and proceeded to develop this software I am sure at the time Microsoft had numerous OS out that any coder of software would need to address

6. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

I need to elaborate a bit. Once upon a time I saw a comparison of instruction code which showed that it has different "code" for the W95/98/ME vs W2K vs XP. I assume there may be differences again with XP and 64 bit. Jason is likely coding using a low level assembler and may have to have different versions of his source for each type of OS. This would make for a lot of work. If he also has to look for "hidden" APIs, whatever, again these may be different in each OS type. I think that Jason's biggest problem then is that he's only one person with a huge workload that won't ever get done if he continues to try to satisfy all OS types. That's why I suggested to finish just one, then move on to another. What he really needs, if he has the insight to inovate the new protection mechanisms, is to also have the insight to add some more people to do the coding under his direction. His business model may not support this, and he may eventually have to "retire from the field". That brings to mind another concern, that he is a "one person shop". We saw what happened with DCS, there wasn't anyone to carry on when Wayne and Gavin "disappeared". So, even if GSS does appear as a "final", will it continue and for how long. That's why I resigned myself to assuming that I'll get nothing more for my money and have "closed the books" on GSS. New prospects will likely pass this by as well, further injuring Jason's business model.

7. boonie

boonie Registered Member

Well said. You take your chances with a one operation. I run RegDefend v2.001, and am resigned to the belief that this is all I will get for my money. If we do indeed see a new final version, it will be a bonus.

8. Dieter Bressem

Dieter Bressem Registered Member

I am satisfied with the current versions of Appdefend and Regdefend,
    but the lack of information about an update/new beta is disappointing.
    About 3 or 4 month we didn't get any information.
    IMHO it is VAPORWARE, I am sure within this year we won't get any stable or full release. Waiting how long ? 1 year ? 2 year ? 3 year ?
    :mad:
    I give up, anyone with an alternative ?

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since this forum is dedicated to GSS discussion and\or support issues, Please hop over to our other anti-malware software forum for alternative discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.