Most important Hardware to run AV

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Pr3d4ToR, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pr3d4ToR

Pr3d4ToR Registered Member

Hi...i'm going to buy a new computer..and i'd like to know what's the most important Hardware in order to run in a light way the Antivirus...
    Hibryd Hard disks and Dual Core Cpu help that?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Core2Duo I believe is the latest Intel beast, together with at least 1GB of fast RAM and SATA II Hard drives with NOD32 install should give you a very quick system.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  3. Pr3d4ToR

Pr3d4ToR Registered Member

and more powerful cpu is more lighter AV will be in the real time scanning or there is a limit, a bottleneck that the AV impose to the machine independently from how powerful it iso_O

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I do not necessarily know if there is one piece of hardware which can make anti-virus software perform better. Obviously, a fast CPU and disk I/O subsystem will result in faster processing and disk access, but it is important to have a good-quality motherboard, power supply and cooling sub-system as well--even little things like making sure the video card has stable device drivers installed can make a difference.

When I assemble a computer, my design goal is usually to build the most stable and reliable computer possible. Not the fastest or the most powerful, but rather one which can be used and upgraded for the longest time possible. As such, I try to look at not just the performance of individual components, but the reputation of the company behind them, what sort of support they have provided historically in terms of shipping updates, answering questions from customers and so forth.

Often, I find it better to spend a little bit more money and buy a slower/smaller/lower-capacity component from an established manufacturer with a reputation for quality than to purchase a bleeding-edge component from a company with a reputation for shoddy manufacturing or customer service.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Agreed, quality over quantity.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.