More update trouble

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DERV, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Hi folks,

Noticed all the extra updates today, which is great. However NOD didn't recognise the updates it had already received yesterday (I checked the gui and it HAD installed them initially, then "dropped" them). Although I had downloaded updates as they were released, after NOD "demoted" back to an earlier database I was getting a lot of server errors = no further update.

Eventually yesterday I was up to date fully, all downloaded and installed then rebooted. Today's updates seem to have messed my NOD up?!

It's "taken off" the updates it's already received, demoted back to version 1.1813 (was on 1.1815) and then after more dialog update boxes it went from 1.1813 to 1.1819.

Great I thought, back on track and all downloaded now...

Only thing is ANOTHER box just popped up saying I'm on database 1.1819 and offered me an update with no name!?!

http://www.rainmakerkennels.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/update.JPG

Has my NOD corrupted? Bear in mind this dialog box (as above image) popped up AFTER I had installed 1.1819. It's offering it a second time. The main NOD console/gui shows 1.1819 is already installed and up to date. What gives?

I'm fully paid up until 2008 so no licence issues.
    Cheers in advance,

Derv

2. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Just some extra info (in case it helps diagnosis):

I clicked yes to install the no-name update (from 1.1819 to {blank}). Just went to the update panel in the gui and clicked check for updates. It's bringing up the same box again (and again and again).

Every time I accept the no-name update, and it says "Nod updated to database 1.1819", it offers me another no-name update and so on ad infinitum.

Something's obviously not right? :blink:

EDIT TO POST: Here's a screenshot of my event log - as you can see the same update keeps coming through.
    http://www.rainmakerkennels.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/updatelog.JPG

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just to be sure, is your update server set to Choose automatically?

4. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

Yes sir, update server is set to choose automatically. Just tried the manual update again (to see if it's still happening) and it now says NOD32 is up to date.

Go figure LOL

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling prompt before update make a difference?

6. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Couldn't tell you Marcos, it's all in order again now; getting "Up to date" messages on manual update attempts. Just a little glitch it seems, sorted now whatever it was :thumb:

Thanks for your time :D

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I would also suggest that you check your settings against the following Nod32 Tutorial

Cheers :D

8. DERV

DERV Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

I already set up NOD according to your extra settings. The ONLY variation is that I like to be notified when updates are about to be installed. I'm at my pc a LOT so missing one due to not being able to click "Yes" isn't an issue LOL

Thanks much :)

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

OK, no worries.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.