More ShadowProtect Issues

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by screamer, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I really hope this doesn't become a habit.

Now my schedule reverts to "never" under Run Again after completing a Back-Up.

...screamer

Attached Files:

2. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Noted (thanks!). There's likely a bug in the code that composes that "Next run time" string. I doubt that it actually affects the schedule. But it is somewhat disconcerting. We'll fix it.

3. screamer

Actually it -does affect the schedule. My "Fri" BU, didn't run as scheduled this morning.

...screamer

4. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Wow, okay, we'll check it out and let you know what we find.

As to habits, I hate to break it to you, but there will ALWAYS be bugs in software.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  5. screamer

hehe, I know, I know...

6. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

I've reported it to the developer who's familiar with the relevant code. I think he's going to look into this today or tomorrow. We did try to reproduce this and couldn't. Could you perhaps show us screen shots of the schedule page for both of those jobs?

7. screamer

Hi Nate, I just posted on SP forum for a cmd line to execute sbrun.exe in WinXP's Scheduled Tasks.

I'm not exactly sure what it is you're looking for? I'll post what I -think you're looking for: Keep in mind, I just deleted and re-scheduled the task that ran last night and reverted to "Never" in "Next Time Run".

Attached Files:

8. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Thanks for the screenshots! That's exactly what I was looking for. :)

I'll warn you again, do not run sbrun.exe from the command-line for snapshot based backup if you also have ShadowProtect jobs in place. I can pretty much guarantee that this will cause the internal snapshot states to get messed up and you'll likely end up with failed backups, backups that take longer than usual (diff vs. fast incremental backup), and potentially even bad data within your backup.

Please do not do this. We will resolve your issue for you so that you don't feel compelled to seek an alternative.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.